A vintage car is a prized possession. If you have a vintage car, you need to insure it just like any other vehicle you may have. However, there are some important things to remember before you venture out to get the best possible car insurance policy for the vehicle. Take a look at this article to know more.
What exactly is a vintage car?
Before you begin to look for car insurance online, you must understand what a vintage car is and how you should insure it. There are generally two categories to understand here:
- Vintage cars: Any car manufactured between the years of 1919 and 1930 are considered to be a vintage car.
- Classic cars: A car that was manufactured between the years 1940 and 1970 is considered to be a classic car.
You should look for a plan that specifically caters to vintage cars when you look to buy car insurance online.
Tips to get a vintage car insurance plan
Here are some important guidelines to remember before you buy a car insurance plan for your vintage vehicle:
- Check the age of the car: As stated above, a vintage car is classified by its age. So, make sure you have the correct documents to prove that the car was indeed manufactured between the years of 1919 and 1930. This is the first and one of the most crucial steps to ensure you have the correct plan for your vintage vehicle.
- Check the condition of the car: Next, you need to examine the condition the car is in. The insurance coverage amount will greatly depend on this. If the car is in excellent condition, you can look for a higher cover and vice-versa.
- Get a proper valuation done: Since the insurance cover will directly depend on the value of the car, make sure you get a proper valuation done. Ask a reputed expert to do this for you. Once you know how much the value of the vehicle is, you will be able to get the best car insurance online plan for it.
- Register the car with a club: When you look to insure your vintage car, the insurance provider will check whether or not your vehicle is registered with the Vintage and Classic Car Club of India. This is a requirement and the insurance provider will take the club’s valuation of the car as the final word.
- Check the purpose of the cover: Next, you need to understand the purpose of the cover. Why are you buying the plan? Is it to protect your vintage car from the damages it sustains while participating in a rally? Or do you want the cover as an anti-theft measure? Once you know what the purpose is, it will become easier for you to choose the best plan.
- Compare: Many different insurance providers offer motor insurance policies for vintage cars. You must, therefore, compare the options and see what the best deal is. Once you find that, you can make an economical and beneficial purchase.
- Buy online: Just like for any other vehicle, for your vintage car too, you can buy car insurance online. Make use of this very helpful option and find the best possible coverage in an affordable, easy and quick manner.
These are some of the best tips that you can use while you look to buy a car insurance cover for your vintage vehicle. Use these tips and make a great purchase.
The final word
Your vintage car is your pride. So keep it safe and secured in the best possible manner. Remember the tips and guidelines mentioned above. You will then have no issues whatsoever in finding the most suitable car insurance policy for your precious vintage car. Buy the plan and also renew it on time to enjoy an uninterrupted cover at all times.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.