Twittersphere is growing. In 2008 Forrester Research estimated that, Twitter had 4-5 million users and Nielsen Online showed on its report, Twitter ranked No.1 among “Top 10 Fastest Growing Social Networking Sites”. In 2009 Twitter ranked third among largest social networks followed by MySpace (Compete report). Previously Twitter rank was 22. Last year web marketing start-up HubSpot released a report “State of the Twittersphere Q4 2008”, which showed as,
- Twitter has about 4-5 million users, about 30% are relatively new or unengaged users
- An estimated 5-10 thousand new accounts are opened per day
- Traffic has grown over 600% in the past 12 months (Compete.com)
- Twitter.com became one of the top 1,000 websites by traffic in May 2008 (Alexa.com)
- Wednesday and Thursday are the most popular days of the week to Tweet
- There is about 50% more tweet activity on a weekday than a weekend
- 35% of Twitter users have 10 or fewer followers
- The average number of followers is 70
- The average number of people someone is following is 69
Undoubtedly Twittersphere is growing and marketers & advertisers are not hesitating to use this social media for their business vehicle. Services like TwitterHawk, Magpie, Twittad, etc. has provided new dimension to promotion and advertising via Twitter. Beside huge growth of Twitter most of its user are unable to understand its value and power and that’s why they fail to maximize their usage of Twitter.
So, How to benefit from Twitter and be with growing trend of it?
The answer is quite tricky, but I think following tips will help you a lot.
- First, of all you need understand how the Twitter works,
- Secondly, learn the twitter etiquette—read “The 10 rules of Twitter (and how I break every one)” by Robert Scoble,
- Thirdly, read blog such as Darren Rowse’s TwiTip
- Fourthly, you can read some books on it like Sarah Prout‘s book “Twitter Success Blueprint“, Twitter Tips, Tricks, and Tweets, Twitter Power: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a Time, etc.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.