Return to Invoice cover is a car insurance Add-on that bridges the gap between the invoice value of the vehicle and its Insured Declared Value (IDV). This is an important rider for you to consider as it offers great monetary relief in case your vehicle gets totally damaged or stolen. You get the invoice value of the vehicle in claim settlement with this cover. You can purchase this Add-on during your next online car insurance renewal, if you haven’t done so already.
Why is this Add-on important?
A third-party car insurance policy won’t even compensate in case of total loss of the insured vehicle. You need a Comprehensive plan for that and a Return to Invoice rider along with it. If you do not have a Return to Invoice Ad-on and only have a Comprehensive plan, you will get the vehicle’s IDV (which is less than the invoice value) in claim settlement.
Here are some crucial reasons why you should get this rider along with your Comprehensive car insurance policy:
- Financial protection against car theft: A huge number of cars are stolen in India every day. So how can you stay protected financially? Well, all you have to do is get the Return To Invoice Add-on cover when you buy car insurance online. Even if unfortunately, your car gets stolen, you can get its invoice value at the time of claim settlement.
- Financial protection against natural causes: Theft is not the only reason you lose your car. At times, natural disasters are also brutal enough to completely wreck your vehicle. So even if your car is completely damaged in, say, a cyclone or an earthquake, you can get the car’s invoice value in claim settlement with this rider.
- Financial protection against fire damage: Unfortunately, vehicle damage due to fire are very common all over the world. From minor mishaps to large accidents, many lives are lost and property is damaged due to fire. So, buy the Return to Invoice rider when you buy car insurance online and stay protected.
You can get this add-on cover when you buy a new plan or when you go in for an online car insurance renewal. Keep the benefits of this rider in mind and you will understand why it is important for you to get it.
How to get a Return to Invoice rider?
It is extremely easy for you to get this rider. The world of online insurance has made it simple to buy, renew and also claim the different types of covers. If you wish to purchase this Add-on car insurance cover, all you have to do is:
- Log on to your insurer’s website.
- Select the car insurance plan you wish to have.
- Next, you need to mention the riders you want. You can have just this one rider or have multiple riders.
- Pay the premium and get the cover for the entire policy period.
You can do this when you buy a brand-new policy or when you renew an existing cover.
Car Insurance Online
Get car insurance online and enjoy its many benefits. One of these include the ease with which you can select and add riders to your policy. Explore the Return to Invoice rider thoroughly for the advantages it offers. Analyze them against your requirements and if you find a match, buy the rider without any hesitation. Stay financially secured against major car-related perils such as theft and total damage due to fire, calamities, etc. by opting for a Return to Invoice Add-on along with your Comprehensive plan.