Why should you try to Google Public DNS?
Google Public DNS lets you browse the web faster, improve your internet security from Denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, Spoofing attacks leading to DNS cache poisoning.
By using Google Public DNS you can:
- Speed up your browsing experience.
- Improve your security.
- Get the results you expect with absolutely no redirection.
Google Public DNS IP addresses
The Google Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) are as follows:
The Google Public DNS IPv6 addresses are as follows:
How to configure it in your PC or Laptop?
- Click on the Start menu, then click on Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings.
- Right click on the Wi-Fi network you are connected to, then click Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (or Version 6 if desired).
- Click Properties.
- Write down any existing DNS server entries for future reference.
- Click Use The Following DNS Server Addresses.
- Replace those addresses with the 22.214.171.124 DNS addresses:
For IPv4: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Click OK, then Close.
- Restart your browser.
- You’re all set! Your device now has faster, more private DNS servers
Also published on Medium.