Fastag is a new way to pay Toll Tax at toll plazas around India. It’s a digital and a faster way to pay the toll. Fastag in your vehicle will provide you ease of toll payment as well as lesser wait time in toll plazas. FASTag is presently operational at 180 toll plazas across national and state highways.
What is Fast Tag or FASTag?
Fastag is an electronic device. It needs to be attached in your vehicle’s windscreen. This device will be connected to your pre-paid or bank account through Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology.
Fastag means faster toll payment?
No, need to wait for long time in queue in toll plaza. Fastag attached vehicle will not have to wait, because whenever the vehicle enter into toll plaza lane, the toll tax will be collected as per your vehicle type and you will get confirmation message instantly.
Products from Amazon.in
- Price: INR 489.00Was: INR 1,360.00
- Price: INR 315.00Was: INR 999.00
How fastag works?
- Enables automatic deduction of toll charges and lets you pass through the toll plaza without stopping for the cash transaction
- It saves time and money
- Convenience in Highway Management.
- No paperwork, means greener way for us.
- FASTag has a validity of 5 years and after purchasing it, you only need to recharge/ top up the FASTag as per your requirement.
How to get it?
India government has implemented it for all new as well as old vehicles to get Fastag enabled from 1st December, 2017. Get more information on how to get Fastag and more info on it from here: http://www.fastag.org/
You can apply for Fastag from ICICI bank FASTag program it is a part of National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) initiative rolled out by NPCI under the guidelines of NHAI and IHMCL.
Also published on Medium.